How can coronavirus threat affect sailing holidays?
The situation related to the threat of a virus is changing dynamically and today nobody can say with certainty when it will stabilize.
How to think about vacation, charter and sailing in such conditions?
Meanwhile, the entire market, not only related to sailing, is outdoing itself in creating flexible and secure solutions.
Let's check the situation in the case of a yacht charter.
It turns out that most of the offers have been modified to minimize the effects of cancellation in the event of prolonged travel restrictions.
These changes rely on maximum flexibility in such circumstances.
Each operator tries to prepare his offer as best as possible, which is why it is difficult to talk about a strict standard, but the main elements related to cancellation of a cruise in a given unlucky date are very similar for most of them.
1. Booking advance - you still need to pay the advance within a few days of the initial booking, but instead of 50% it is 10%. The remaining part of the advance is paid only up to 30 days before the date of departure.
2. In the case of restrictions related to the threat of a virus, causing the inability to start the cruise in the scheduled time, the operator offers to postpone the date of the trip, on the same or the same class yacht at another convenient time. The rest of the advance payment is made 30 days before the date of the new cruise date.
3. Some operators allow the possibility of postponing the cruise date even to the 2021 season, but in this case an additional payment of up to 50% should be made until 30 before the original date, and the remaining part 30 days before the new date.
As the exact conditions depend on the operator, please send a request for a specific yacht to email@example.com
Insurance - modified insurance policies.
Most insurance companies cover epidemiological health problems on behalf of travel policies.
In addition, when it comes to cancellation insurance, there are additional amenities. Eg TU Europa with whom we cooperate, informs that
From 11 March 2020, it is possible to buy insurance under the 100% Cancellation Cost variant on the following dates:
· If there is more than 30 days between the date of conclusion of the travel contract and the date of commencement of travel - the date of conclusion of the insurance contract is 10 days following the day of concluding the travel contract
· If there is less than 30 days between the date of conclusion of the travel contract and the date of commencement of travel - the deadline for concluding the insurance contract is 3 days following the day of concluding the travel contract, but not later than 7 calendar days before the date of travel commencement
It seems that despite the difficulties, we can plan our holidays without risking losing the advance. We pay a much lower advance and we can, in principle, freely maneuver the date of the trip. Cool !!!